Depot Systems 5 is a complete container yard/terminal management software system. The software contains gate, yard management, M&R estimating and built in EDI-CEDEX support. Depot Systems can handle any size depot; large or small. Our software is distributed worldwide to over 250 depots and repair facilities.
- All new Microsoft .Net programming
- New database, Microsoft SQL database 2008-2016
- New Report System: the ability to create more dynamic reports in less time.
- New reporting scheduler system
- New Unit Charges – You can now charge and create miscellaneous invoices for: yard tasks, container liner, tank wash, etc…
- New Tank Container support
- New Fleet / Equipment master support
- New Truck and Driver gate controls
- New auto email gate interchange to dispatch
- New and improved chassis pools support
- New and improved Gate / Estimate damage picture support
- New Document feature for supporting equipment documents
- New add-on modules, pick the system features you need
- Improved interchange imaging
- Improved EDI processing
- Improved large scale account / SS line handling
- Improved user security /terminal controls
Depot Systems Features
- Supports Containers, Chassis, Reefer Containers, Gensets, Tank Containers
- Easy to use screens
- Built in EDI support for all major Steamship lines and chassis pools
- Multiple Terminals Support
- Unlimited Accounts Per Terminal / Depot
- Unlimited Users per Terminal / Depot
- Built in email support
- Export to accounting systems
- Custom system and report changes
- Fleet Equipment master support
- UIIA support
- Report scheduling
- Complete online training and system setup is provided with purchase.
- Gate In
- Gate Out
- Bookings / Releases
- Container Lifting and Mounting
- Gate EDI
- Booking EDI
- Repair EDI
- Storage / Gate / Lifting Invoicing
- Storage Rate Tables
- Loaded Container Support Import / Export
- Yard Management
- Equipment Status
- Data and Reporting import and exporting
- Equipment Fleet Controls
Windows PC Requirements
- Microsoft Windows PC Operating System Versions 7, 8.1, or 10
- Can run on Horizon, Citrix, or as Terminal Server application
SQL Server Requirements
- Depot Systems Cloud option.
- Or Microsoft SQL 2008-2016 or Microsoft SQL Express 2008-2016 installed on your network.
Cloud Hosting Options
- Operates on Mac / Apple computer if DS Cloud solution is used
- Operates on Windows XP if DS Cloud solution is used.
- Can run on Horizon, Citrix, or as Terminal Server application
Depot Systems 5 has been tested on Windows 10 and is fully compatible.
Depot Systems 5 contains a new maintenance and repair system for creating estimates and invoicing in the system. The new M&R system contains the following new features.
- Updated Estimate / Invoice entry screen with complete item and parts search controls.
- Updated entry to have advanced EDI pick list controls
- New Tariff / Parts Spreadsheet control to better manage large tariff lists
- New parts inventory tracking per location
- New Export to Accounts systems process
- New Reporting
- New EDI processing
- New Labor Rate and Tax rates effective dates
- Built in support for all major shipping lines EDI
- Built in support for all US chassis EDI
Optional Rail Ramp Module can be added on to your system.
- Rail Arrival
- Rail Departure
- Rail Car and well assignments
- Containers to / from street
- EDI support for 417 waybills and 418 Train dispatch
- EDI support for gate and on/off rail cars
- Custom rail billing options
Depot Systems can provide Depot Systems 5 software as a cloud version. Utilizing Tier 1 level data centers all data can be accessed from anywhere in the world. Multiple terminal locations and remote users can all easily access the system from any internet connection.
- No servers or system setup required on customer network.
- Quick Depot Systems software setup – Can be setup in hours.
- VMware Cluster redundant servers
- Veeam Server data backups, off site backup replicas and SQL maintenance provided.
- Full data center services. Security, Generator backup, Fire Prevention, etc..
- Multiple high speed redundant BGP internet connections on 3 major carriers.
Note: The Cloud hosting option also includes Depot Systems yearly support and EDI processing fees.
- Internet connection DSL or higher
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 Computer to install client software
- TCPIP Port 24999 or 443 open on internet firewall for system access
- Optional support for Mac Computers via Terminal Server connection included with cloud service
- Optional support for Windows XP Computers via Terminal Server connection included with cloud service
- Windows Tablet Connection (If Depot Systems 5 Tablet Add On Purchased) Tablets can connect via local or cellular internet connection from multiple terminal locations.
- Depot Systems 5 Web Site hosting (If Depot Systems 5 Web Add On purchased) Included full redundant .Net web hosting and setup.
Driver Lift Queue module adds support for tracking container lifts and drivers in yard. The module provides visual queues for the lift operators and security to ensure what chassis drivers have on the out gate.
- Provides Yard Tickets for internal trucks and lift tracking
- Tablet Lift Queue screen for lift operators to view lifts pending.
- Lift Queue provides entry to complete lifts and update unit location
- Driver yard tickets provide driver tracking in the terminal and provide details of chassis on gate in and driver owned chassis.
- Provides cross check of drive and equipment for gate out.
- Truck turn time reporting
** This is an optional add on module sold separately per terminal location.
Depot Systems Rental Module is an optional add on that can be purchased per terminal location. This module provides the ability to enter rental equipment fleets into the system that can be tracked on the street, and billed to separate rental accounts. Rental equipment can be containers, chassis, or gensets. There is a separate billing system to create rental invoices and rental usage reports are available.
- Equipment fleet tracking.
- Supports containers, chassis, or gensets
- Easy invoicing for a large amount of customers.
Depot Systems 5 GPS Yard Management Module is an available add on module to allow GPS location mapping of equipment in your terminal. The module also enables the use of the yard slot management system to create a yard slot parking layout and auto assign units to parking spots in the terminal as they arrive.
With this add on module the Yard Check screen on the tablet system allows adding GPS tags to each found unit and allows GPS tags as units are moved or lifted in the terminal via the Change Status screen on the tablet system.
GPS locations can also be used from the Estimate screen to tag the location of equipment for repair.
The equipment location can be viewed via satellite mapping screen via the Equipment screen on the PC software or via the Map buttons on the tablet Change Status screen.
The GPS module can easily track equipment any terminal layout and supports inexpensive GPS satellite receivers for the tablets. Many tablets come with GPS chips built in, but windows tablets also support additional USB GPS receivers and dash mount satellite antennas can be used in top picks and yard tractors.
- Inexpensive GPS location mapping of equipment in yard.
- No GPS equipment per unit, no attaching tracking devices to equipment.
- Supports unmarked gravel parking lots
- Supports fully marked paved lots
- Auto Assign marked parking spot locations on Gate In
- Create list of marked parking space by size type, damaged / good order, reefer, or loaded.
Please see the Depot Systems 5 Windows Tablet page for more details on tablet GPS receivers and tablets.